Independent Living in a Residential Care Home
Do you no longer want the worry about day-to-day matters such as gardening, building maintenance, window cleaning or paying utility bills? Independent living gives you 24 hour security whilst leaving you free to enjoy the things that most matter to you within walking distance of Bexhill-on-Sea, sea front and High Street.
What is independent living?
Independent living offers more support than sheltered housing but allows you to live independently.
You live in a self-contained flat, with your own front door, but staff are available 24 hours a day to provide support tailored to your needs.
Common features of independent living include:
- 24-hour emergency help through an alarm system.
- Minimum age of resident usually 65.
- Self-contained rooms allow you to stay independent.
- Wi-Fi available.
- Access to the communal lounge allows you to socialise as and when you feel like it.
- Access to gardens to enjoy outside space.
- Independent living as part of a care home is regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC)
Tailored needs commonly include:
- Access to home cooked meals by our in-house cook.
- Assistance with personal care (washing, bathing or help with toileting).
- Cleaning service.
- Bed change service.
- Laundry service for personal clothing.
- Medication delivery service.
How much does independent living cost?
It is impossible to guess how much for any one individual, the cost will depend on the service you require, but the cost will be lower than residential care unless you require the full residential package which we are happy to provide.
For further information and to make an appointment to view contact our helpful team: 01424 220030..